Privacy & Security Policy
We may change this policy from time to time by updating this page. You should check this page from time to time to ensure that you are happy with any changes.
What we collect
We may collect the following information:
- name and job title
- contact information including email address, mailing address and phone number
- demographic information such as postcode, preferences and interests
- other information relevant to customer surveys and/or offers
We may also collect sensitive information, including health information, such as information about your health or disability (for example, if you contact us with a product enquiry, we may collect information about your health from you, to assist you with product selection).
How we collect information
We collect this information from you when you place an order on our website or make an enquiry with us (for example, by telephone or email).
We are committed to using lawful and fair means to collect personal information and collecting it from others only when it is unreasonable or impracticable to obtain certain information from you directly. We collect personal information about you from you and your use of our website. We may also collect personal information about you from searches and enquiries, to the extent necessary to perform our core function (for example, if you provide an incorrect or incomplete delivery address, we may perform searches to obtain the correct address).
We will destroy or de-identify information where we form the opinion that the information has been provided to us unlawfully or unfairly.
What we do with the information we gather
We require this information to understand your needs and provide you with a better service, and in particular for the following reasons:
- To contact and communicate with you
- To provide goods to you
- To maintain accurate and up-to-date internal records
- To improve our products and services.
- To market to you and others, including remarketing (this may involve the use of a Facebook pixel or similar technology to allow us to display our advertising to you elsewhere on the internet, for example, on Google or Facebook) and periodically sending promotional emails about new products, special offers or other information which we think you may find interesting using the email address which you have provided
- To contact you for market research purposes.
- To customise the website according to your interests
We may contact you by email, phone or mail.
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. To prevent unauthorised access or disclosure, we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect online, including:
- use of firewalls
- enforcing a strict password policy with all staff, involving the use of cryptographic keys
- use of email filters
- 2048 Bit v3 SSL (Secure Sockets Layer) encryption to ensure the safety of any data that is submitted through use of this website
- data is securely stored on cloud servers
While we take commercially reasonable measures to maintain a secure website and business, electronic communications and databases are subject to errors, tampering and break-ins, and we cannot guarantee or warrant that such events will not take place and, to the maximum extent permissible by law, we will not be liable to you for any such occurrences.
If you choose to pay for our products by credit card, your complete credit card details are not stored by Paralogic and cannot be accessed by Paralogic staff. However we can access your credit card's expiry date and the first and last 3 digits of the card. This allows us to confirm with you that we have the correct credit card information. We also store an encrypted token which allows us, and only us, to bill or refund your credit card as required by you.
information to ensure you are satisfied.
A cookie is a small file which asks permission to be placed on your computer's hard drive. Once you agree, the file is added and the cookie helps analyse web traffic or lets you know when you visit a particular site. Cookies allow web applications to respond to you as an individual. The web application can tailor its operations to your needs, likes and dislikes by gathering and remembering information about your preferences.
We use traffic log cookies to identify which pages are being used. This helps us analyse data about webpage traffic and improve our website to tailor it to customer needs. We only use this information for statistical analysis purposes and then the data is removed from the system.
Overall, cookies help us provide you with a better website by enabling us to monitor which pages you find useful and which you do not. A cookie in no way gives us access to your computer or any information about you, other than the data you choose to share with us.
You can choose to accept or decline cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but you can usually modify your browser setting to decline cookies if you prefer. This may prevent you from taking full advantage of the website (see below for more information).
Links to other websites
Our website may contain links to other websites of interest. However, once you have used these links to leave our site, you should note that we do not have any control over that other website. Therefore, we cannot be responsible for the protection and privacy of any information which you provide whilst visiting such sites and such sites are not governed by this privacy statement. You should exercise caution and look at the privacy statement applicable to the website in question.
Controlling your personal information
You may choose to restrict the collection or use of your personal information in the following ways:
- whenever you are asked to fill in a form on the website, look for the box that you can click to indicate that you do not want the information to be used by anybody for direct marketing purposes
- if you have previously agreed to us using your personal information for direct marketing purposes, you may change your mind at any time by writing to or emailing us.
We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to third parties unless we have your permission or are required by law to do so. We may use your personal information to send you promotional information about third parties which we think you may find interesting if you tell us that you wish this to happen.
If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete, please write to or email us as soon as possible. See Contact Us
for our details. We will promptly correct any information found to be incorrect.
How you can unsubscribe or opt out
Our emails will always come with an "Unsubscribe" link, so you can opt out at any time. To unsubscribe from our email database, or opt out of communications, use the “Unsubscribe” link in our communication or contact us using the details set out below.
. Please note that the website may not work as well for you if you disable cookies.
Changes to this policy
For any questions or notice, please contact us using these details:
Anne-Marie Howarth, Director
T: 1300 727 222