Combur test strips can be a useful indicator of urinary tract infections and other conditions.
These strips test for:
- Collect urine sample in clean, sterile specimen container.
- Dip test strip into urine for not more than 1 second.
- When withdrawing the strip wipe side edge of the test strip along the rim of vessel to remove excess urine.
- After 60 seconds (leukocytes 60 – 120 seconds), compare reaction colours of the test patches with the colour scales on the label.
- Colour changes appearing only at the edges of the test patch or developing after more than 2 minutes are not relevant for diagnosis.
Combur 9 Test StripBy: Rosemary Davie on 17 August 2020Personally, I do not like this product as the Nitrites and Leukocytes are at the top of the strip, where it is held, so it is difficult to dip into a urine specimen container, they should be at the end of the strip.
Thank you so much for this feedback. We don't manufacture this product ourselves but will pass this comment onto our supplier.
Handy to HaveBy: Dick Bryksy on 20 July 2020Yes I purchased the Combur 9 Urine test strips from you and they work just fine. They are very handy to have in the cupboard at home, as can save an unnecessary trip into town to the doctors rooms. It is good to know I can buy them from you as they are not always that easy to get.
UsefulBy: SF on 19 July 2020Infections are a constant problem for cathetar users, but antibiotic treatment is not always recommended because of the risk of developing resistance. Combur Test strips are a useful alternative to regular and often unnecessary pathology tests and doctor visits. They allow infection levels to be monitored at different times of the day, so that an assessment can be made on whether to treat or not.