Bard Flip Flo Catheter ValveRated 4/5 based on 1 reviews.
Bard flip flo valve for indwelling catheters
Notify me when back in stock
The Bard Flip Flo valve is a tap-like device that fits into the end of your catheter (urethral or suprapubic). The Flip-Flo offers you an alternative to using urinary drainage bags. Your bladder then continues to store urine and can be emptied intermittently by releasing Flip-Flo.
- Usage of a Flip-Flo valve may help you retain bladder function and reduce the risk of infection and blockage of your catheter by allowing the intermittent flushing of urine.
- A Flip-Flo can be more discreet and comfortable than a leg bag.
- Ideal for users with impaired dexterity or poor eyesight.
- The Bard Flip Flo valve features an easy to open lever tap so you can empty your bladder at your own convenience.
- Please note that catheter valves should be changed every 5-7 days, or as recommended by your medical team.
- You should open Flip-Flo whenever you feel the need to pass urine, before going to bed at night and first thing in the morning.
- If you wake up in the night and feel that you wish to pass urine, then do so.
- During the day you should release your catheter at least every four hours, or more if you drink frequently.
- Available individually or in a box of 20.
MrBy: Robert King on 3 October 2023Cons ; I use without day or night bag connected-drips after use, have to roll up toilet paper and insert to sop up excess in outlet , even when plastic tube extention removed Pros ; tight valve prevents accidental opening